Risk.net's 22nd annual Energy Risk USA returned to Houston on May 14-17, 2018 with an agenda highlighting the biggest trends in the industry with particular focus on topics revolving around the impact of new global and domestic regulations, the use of new technology and data science in trading and risk management and endless industry disrupters that are changing energy markets.
Over 200 professionals in energy risk management and trading gathered for two days of insightful debates, interactive workshops and keynote presentations discussing the opportunities and issues facing the industry.
Energy Risk USA is CPD approved
"Energy Risk 2017 was a great opportunity for me to learn and share ideas with my colleagues, from around the globe, on cutting edge ideas and technologies. I highly recommend Energy Risk USA for everyone in the industry."
"You did an amazing job putting the conference together! I really enjoyed the conference, especially networking with other energy practitioners."
"It is exciting to see the event evolve year after year and to adjust creatively to the ever-changing realities of the marketplace."
Program Highlights for 2018 included:
- The Advisory Board: This agenda was closely supervised and curated by esteemed risk, trading and compliance professionals
- New administration, new rules: How will energy markets change under Trump's America, Giancarlo's CFTC and McIntyre's FERC?
- CFTC Keynote Address: Rostin Behnam, Commissioner, THE U.S COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING
- Interactive roundtable discussions and speaker Q&A.
- Spotlight on Blockchain: Understand blockchain technology applications in the energy sector
- Special focus data analytics: delegates joined panels, presentations, case studies and workshops to learn more about data tools in energy
- Energy sector 2.0: Utilizing social media and skills brought by new generation risk managers
- Risk managing machines: A timely guest address form Novera Khan, Chief Risk Officer, UNIPER
- A Pre-Conference event with the CCRO focusing Risk Management Practices and Benchmarks for the Energy Industry
- A Post-Conference workshop on Data Science for Risk Managers and Trading Professionals