Energy Risk Summit USA
Some comments from participants in 2014
A compact, content-rich, venue for re-connecting with many of the leaders in Energy Risk in North AmericaExecutive Director, Risk Transformation, ERNST & YOUNG
It was a good opportunity to network and know what's happening in the market.Head of Energy Trading, INFOSYS
Overall, the conference was well organized, and the presenters and topics presented were relevant and worthwhileManager, Gas and Power Risk, SUNCOR
All in all I was pleasantly surprised by the overall content covered for the 2 days, especially given this was the first Energy Risk Summit that I had attended.Supervisor Market Risk, REPSOL
A great cross section of industry participants and speakersChief Risk Officer, NRG ENERGY
Energy Risk USA 2014 was a terrific gathering of the leaders in the energy risk field. Starting with a national energy policy overview was an inspired idea.Senior Adviser to the Secretary, U. S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
A very useful update on the trends in the US energy markets and a great networking opportunity.Professor, RICE UNIVERSITY'S JESSE H. JONES GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
Nicely organized event with solid discussion on current issues and a great speaker line upDirector, Business Operations, CHENIERE
Insightful event that brings the top energy risk managers in North America together to progress the Energy Risk industry.Senior Supervisor, Risk Management, GIBSON ENERGY
Energy Risk is thrilled to announce the return of the Energy Risk Summit USA - the 19th annual flagship congress for senior energy risk managers and traders across the US and beyond!
Speakers confirmed for 2015 conference include:
- KEYNOTE: Christopher Giancarlo, Commissioner, U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION
- KEYNOTE: Howard Gruenspecht , Deputy Administrator, U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
- KEYNOTE: Sean Collins, Deputy Director, Division of Analytics and Surveillance, FEDERAL ENERGY REGULATORY COMMISSION
- Gary Taylor, Chief Risk Officer, BP
- Dwight Jacobs, Chief Risk Officer, DUKE ENERGY
- Brett Humphreys, Global Chief Risk Officer, Commodities Division, MORGAN STANLEY
- Glen Mackey, Chief Risk Officer, NRG ENERGY
- Christian Ferrer, Head of Risk - Americas, VITOL INC
- Marc Merrill, Senior Legal Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, E.ON GLOBAL COMMODITIES NORTH AMERICA
- Glade Wishart, Chief Compliance Officer, DEUTSCHE BANK ENERGY TRADING
- Uzi Rosha, Chief Compliance Officer, CARGILL
- Michael Berry, Compliance Manager, PETROCHINA
- Vincent Kaminski, Professor, RICE UNIVERSITY'S JESSE H. JONES GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- Robert Brandenburg, Vice President, Risk Management, PEAOBODY ENERGY
....and many more to be announced shortly!
Watch exclusive interviews with our 2014 speakers:
In May 2015, energy risk management and trading professionals will gather for four days of cutting - edge discussions and rewarding networking with industry peers. As a leading event of its kind, Energy Risk Summit USA is coming back with the program full of fresh market insights and exciting issues.
The 2015 program is coming soon!
This year, Energy Risk Summit USA will continue building on its core competences and create a platform to discuss the issues rising from the regulatory changes and unbeatable market forces that are shaping the long-term picture of the global energy industry.
Here are just a few topics that we will address at Energy Risk Summit USA 2015:
- Implications of position limits on the US commodity business
- Consequences of the falling oil prices: Are we entering a new chapter in the history of the oil markets?
- Effective risk management strategies in extreme weather conditions
- Structural changes in power generation due to restrictive regulations on the coal-fired plants
- Managing risks associated with cyber attacks
- Assessing your front office data architecture capabilities
- Deregulating Mexico: What questions remain unanswered?
- Game changing forces in the traditional utility business model: What's next for utilities?
- Revisiting the Wall Street's role in commodity markets
- The US LNG exports and how they will change global gas price dynamics
Energy Risk News